Mr Charles A Willis-Owen
Charles Willis-Owen is an Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in Sports Injuries and Knees. His background is a bit different from most. He trained at Oxford University, then London. He was the youngest person ever to pass the specialist orthopaedic exams to become a consultant and also qualified in Sports and Exercise Medicine and Sports Psychology in his spare time along the way.
He was awarded the prestigious SportsMed SA fellowship in Australia and worked there for a year learning from the best. He then worked as a consultant in London for four years before settling in Bournemouth and Poole. He was recently admitted to the "Top Doctors" panel which recognises the best in their field around the world.
His special interests include making:
- Keyhole surgery and making this even less invasive for better recovery
- Better techniques for ACL reconstruction and making re injury less likely with ALL reconstruction
- High-performance knee replacement to give better function and outcome
- Cartilage regeneration "Stem cell" surgery to repair damaged cartilage
- Injection therapy to delay the need for surgery
When not working Charles enjoys sport and cycling. He has raced in running, rowing and cycling at high levels. He cycled for Team GB at the World Championships in 2017 and 2018. He enjoys all forms of sport and meeting and treating active people of any age.
Sports Injuries and Knees
Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine
Faculty of Expert Witnesses