The Surgery Unit at Royal Bournemouth Hospital offers a wide range of specialist services and is committed to providing an excellent local service to the residents of Dorset in the prevention and treatment various conditions. When you come to the Surgery Unit you can be assured that you will be treated by a dedicated specialist team and cared for your individual needs.
A range of traditional surgical procedures are available including the following:
- Ureterscopy and stone extraction
- Infrarenal abdominal aortic aneurysm
- Vascular Graft
- Ureteroscopic laser lithotripsy
- Endoscopic extraction of Calculus of Bladder
The following minimally invasive treatments for vascular disease are available:
- Testicular vein embolisation and venous intervention
- Renal artery Stenting
- Mesenteric Artery Stenting
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair (EVAR)
- Vascular Anomalies (low flow and arteriovenous malformation)
- Vascular access and Fistuloplasty
- Inferior Venocava Filters used in the prevention of deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
Our critical care service can provide full critical care support should the need arise and has one of the lowest risk adjusted mortality rates in the region. The service can support people as a planned part of their care (i.e. during the peri-operative period) or as an emergency if the need arises.
If you already have a referral from your G.P. and wish to book an appointment with a consultant, please contact the consultant's secretary directly.
If you would like more general information about the service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01202 720275.